I feel I should start this post with a disclaimer. This is an easy makeup look NOT a look with few products or steps. As I put this list together I realized I have a lot of current favorite makeup products. BUT, these products feel light on the skin and the more I wear this look, the easier it is to apply.
I love eye makeup, but you’ll notice there are no shadows or eyeliners included. That’s what makes this look “easy”. You can breeze through the face products no problem. Even if you’re great at a winged liner, it still takes time and still complicates the look. Even without eye makeup, this look is very versatile. I love it for days when I have to be to work early, or if I’m feeling casual but want to look put together. Basically, it’s what I wear when I want my skin to look nice but don’t have time for eye makeup (or the desire to put it on).
My Current Favorite Makeup
Please share this post!
1. Bare Minerals Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel: I always use a primer because I get very oily in my T-zone. I have tried a few different kinds but I think I have finally found one that works the best for me.This primer is a light gel texture and blends right into my skin. It does not feel silky like some of the others I have tried, I think that may be why it stays so well on my skin.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done: (in Light) When my skin look good I prefer a BB Cream because it is light and blends easily with my fingers. I really like this product. It blends easily with my fingertips, making it very quick to apply. It creates an even tone for my skin but you can still see my skin through it. I like this feature in makeup products during the warm months. I want my skin to feel and look light when its hot outside. Technically, this product is all you need. Hence the name, “one and done”. It includes a primer and it sets into a nice finish. But, as I stated before, I am very oily in my t-zone. I achieve great results when I put this over my primer, follow it with concealer and set everything with powder.It still does not look heavy!
3. L’Oreal True Match Superblendable Makeup: in N1 (mixed with N2 when self-tanned) When my skin is broken out or uneven, I prefer a foundation. I Although it does not have mattifying properties, I love this foundation on my skin. The shade! The feel! The look! All of it. I also use a primer, concealer and a powder with this and it gives a beautiful coverage when I have lots of blemishes or spots to cover.
*If you have hard to match skin and have not tried this line yet, I suggest you do. Usually, I struggle with light colors because they are too orange/yellow for me. But, these light shades go perfectly go with my natural skin because I am able to choose the best tone for me- which is neutral.
4. NYX Dark Circle Concealer: I use this when my under eye area is a little darker than usual or I know I did not get enough sleep.This concealer is orange/peach in color to cancel out darkness and blue tones that can appear in this area. For more on this theory of color correcting check out my blog here.
5. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: (in shade 15) I still love this drugstore concealer. I’ve repurchased it a few times. I also use this under my eyes, to brighten up the orange concealer. Then, I apply it over blemishes or red spots. I pat it with my finger or use a makeup sponge.This color is a great match for me and the texture is super creamy! I see this being a holy grail product for me.
6. L’Oreal True Match Super-blendable Powder: (in N1) There are a few options for powder but I prefer a pressed. I use a big fluffy brush to press this into my skin all over my face-to hold in and set the liquid and cream products I just used. Then, I like to use the round sponge it comes with to press excess under my eyes, on my nose and chin and then blend everything with my brush.
Like its foundation counterpart, this product is a great color match for me. I actually have one in my makeup bag and one in my purse for touch-ups. I find that staying on the lighter end with a powder helps when I add bronzer and blush as they make my face looks darker. This helps everything blend with my neck- which is super important!
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer: (in Dark Brown) I used to really like powder and then I really liked a pomade type product for awhile as well. But I have found that pencil is the easiest for me to use and the easiest to take with if I think I will need to touch up.I tried NYX micro brow pencils and it worked well. But then Anastasia Beverly Hills released the brow definer and back I ran.There are lots of color options available and I think ABH makes high quality product.
8. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara Carbon Black: A couple coats and then a couple more if I have time. I love mascara, its probably my favorite step. This is my holy grail mascara. I feel like I cannot say the right words to really prove how amazing it is. Every time I try a new mascara, I still come back to this one. For me, it is perfection. It adds volume and fans out my naturally long lashes. The carbon black color is great because I love my lashes dark. If you are looking for something different out of your mascara this may not be your favorite- but I suggest giving it a try.
9. CoverGirl Professional Remarkable Mascara: (in Black Brown) One of my makeup hacks is to use a lighter colored mascara on my bottom lashes to create dimension. Have you ever noticed having too much product on the bottom part of your eye tends to pull down your eyelid? It happens to me. So, I use a black brown on the bottom lashes to avoid that. Plus, it creates a cool effect that people can’t quite put their finger on. I don’t use waterproof, but that was the only link I could get. BUT, if your mascara tends to smear on the bottom lashes, waterproof would be a great option. I also like using Maybelline Great Lash in black brown for this technique, the small brushes help me get all my lashes coated without too much smudging and bumping my skin.
10. L’Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray: This step is so important for my skin. I spray this allover my face twice- once during my application and once my look is complete. I used to only use Urban Decay setting sprays but I feel like this one does a good job for half the price. There are so many options, find one that fits your needs!
11. NYX Butter Gloss: (pictured in Creme Brulee) I have been choosing soft, light shades lately. They do not require a liner and match almost any outfit I wear. Versatile products are key for an easy makeup look. Butter glosses are one of my staples. They go on smoothly, do not dry out and look really nice on my lips. I have four shades but this one has been my current go-to because it matches so many looks.
If I’m in a big hurry or just going out of the house for one or two errands I do not bother with these products. If I have more time or really want my skin to look nice I make sure to use as many as possible. They add definition and depth to my face and my easy glam feels complete.
12. NYX Matte Bronzer: (in Light) I like to use bronzer along my jaw line and up to where my jaw bone meets my ear. Sometimes, I’ll apply this to my temples as well. I also use this along my neck and collar bone to help blend out self tan. My neck is always paler than my face so sometimes after applying all my face makeup my neck looks crazy- this works great to blend and help them match. I’ve been using the NYX matte bronzer for a while now and I am happy with it but I would take suggestions on your favorites. This one is a body bronzer so it works well to help blend my face makeup into my neck.
13. Milani Baked Blush: (in Luminoso for spring/summer) I apply this, with my fluffy blush brush, to the apples of my cheeks. I think that placement looks best on me.For almost two years I have been using only Milani baked blushes. One color in the winter, one in the summer, so adventurous I know. I’ve recently started using something new-WOAH! But, I will share that later after I have had a chance to try it out. The formula here is fantastic, I never have trouble putting it on my skin and it stays very well.
14. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator: (in Rose (Neutral)) I think highlighters and illuminators are fun so I will use them in a few key places. But I do not need to be glowing like a disco ball. Some people want their “highlight on fleek”, I just want to have a subtle glow. I will use it above my cheek bone, under my brow, and on my cupid’s bow (above my lip). Sometimes I will use it on my eyelid if I do not have a shadow on but have a few extra seconds. I’ve been using this one for awhile, and I am sure you will not be too surprised that I love it. After all, True Match products were listed more than once in this post.
I hope you enjoyed this post about my easy glam makeup look, and maybe learned something new. It’s so fun to share with you!
Let me know if you try this look out. Use #caitlincosmetologist, or tag me in your pictures.
Do you love any of the products I mentioned?
Are there any you would like to try?
Would you like to see more posts like this? As always, I would love feedback and other content ideas!