(Featured image from Brit + Co)
Can you believe its 2017?
I am not a “new year and new me” person.
And I do not do resolutions. But I AM big on goals.
To me, resolutions feel like all or nothing- I did it or I did not. With goals, I can measure my progress and then make changes to ensure success.
I like the current me and the direction I am going and I want that to continue.
This past June, I used my birthday as a marker to evaluate my life, both professionally and personally. In that post I explained the discontentment I was feeling and set goals to help make the most of the upcoming year and get to where I (hopefully) would feel more satisfied.
January- a new year- seem like a perfect time to reflect on the months since that post and update my goals.
But, before I share my focus for this year, let’s look at some fun highlights from 2016:
- most viewed post
- top WordPress post
- most liked Instagram post
- personal favorite post
- favorite new hair product
- favorite new beauty product
- brand I finally tried and liked
- product that intrigued me
- favorite addition to my makeup bag
- product that impressed me
- most ordered starbucks drink
- new bank job
- joined CoverGirl Insiders
- increased my social media presence
- designed a logo
I focused a lot on growth during 2016 and looking back I sure did grow.
To keep the momentum of growth going I want to focus on development this year:
- with blogging
- further develop consistency in my brand – CC transitioned from an IG account to show off my work as a hairstylist to a beauty, life and style blog and I’m still figuring it all out.
- create a consistent schedule and spend time effectively
- attract new followers on all social media
- be real and relatable
- network and collaborate
- build my skills and training
- keep trying
- believe in my abilities
- increase financial stability
- be comfortable where I am and not compare my journey – this is especially hard the more I get into blogging
- let go of my fears and expectations
- strengthen my faith and relationship with God
- re-evaluate my priorities and make more time for myself
- continue to recognize my worth and all the people that love and support me
- remember that I am doing the best I can
I hope that by refocusing and putting an emphasis on these areas, the next year will be full of success and happiness. Writing these goals down somewhere so that I can look at them again in a few months (maybe around my birthday ;)) and continue to adjust them. I find that helps me see my success and give myself credit.
I would love to hear from you!
What were some of your big moments of 2016?
What are you looking forward to in 2017? Do you have resolutions or goals?
Thank you so much for all the love and support in 2016!
Cheers to 2017!