Recovering from a bad day is not always easy. It seems like the more you have going on the harder it can be to separate things in your mind.
But, it is important, for mental health, to be able to clear your mind each night, get some good rest and start fresh in the morning.
Coffee (caffiene), chocolate (seratonin), cupcakes (sugar and um-yum!), cardio (endorphins) and cuddling (endorphins again) can turn my day around. (I happen to think its very ironic that they all start with the letter C.)
But maybe those are not enough for you, or you do not like coffee or chocolate. Here are some other ways I relax and refresh.
How to Recover From a Bad Day
- Allow yourself a break sometimes I need a few hours or one day to mope around
- I tell myself, its okay to be upset for a short amount of time- but DO NOT let it own you.
- Watch YouTube videos
- Read a book, magazine or article online reading helps distract me from whatever is on my mind
- Think and say positive words and thoughts.
- bible verses, inspirational quotes, giving yourself a pep talk- whatever it may be to remind you that this is temporary and it will get better
- Take a shower or bath with candle light
- seriously relaxing and peaceful
- Find my favorite candles here
- Work out
- get my endorphins flowing
- a little cardio usually works wonders for me, obviously, but moving around in anyway and getting my blood flowing feels so good
- Catch up on your favorite TV shows
- some of my favorites are Grey’s Anatomy, Criminal Minds, How to Get Away with Murder, Empire and Law & Order SVU. (I definitely have too many shows on my DVR though so who knows what I end up watching)
- Check items off your to-do list
- this may sound silly, but I always feel better knowing that I got a few things done
- Find a way to laugh
- laughing creates a physical response and will more than likely help shake your blues
- Get some sleep
- I always feel better after a night of rest
What do you do to de-stress after a rough day?
Here’s to happy days and lots of whatever makes you happy 🙂